1 cup Basmati rice
1/2 bunch of fresh Spinach leaves
2tsp Canola oil
2 Bay leaves
1/2 cup chopped Onion
1tsp Garlic paste
1tsp Ginger paste
1 chopped Green chilly
7 to 8 Roasted Cashew
Salt to taste
2 cup Water
- Clean and grind spinach into a paste. Add very little water while grinding.
- Heat a pain with oil, then add garlic and ginger paste. Once it starts to change color add cloves and bay leaves. Keep mixing it. Then in a min or 2 add onion, green chillies, cinnamon and fry until it is almost golden brown.
- Now add rice and fry until it gives out nice aroma (around 6 to 7 mins).
- Add spinach puree, salt and roasted cashews to the rice mixture. Finally add water and mix them well. Cook until water evaporates and grains are tender.
- Serve it hot with raitha .
(for source/detailed information; click on the vegetable name)
- Excellent source of iron, vitamin C and vitamin A
- Good source of folate, magnesium and vitamin E