1 medium size Butter squash
1/2 cup chopped Onions
1 clove chopped Garlic
Salt to taste
1tsp Canola oil
- Peel the skin of butter squash with carrot peeler and remove the seeds. Then cut into cubes
- Heat a large skillet with oil; add garlic and onions. Fry until until golden brown
- Add cubed squash and fry for a min. Then add water so as to cover the vegetables. Cook until it is under.
- Add salt, pepper and puree it to a smooth paste
- Add water if required; boil it
- Server it hot
(for source/detailed information; click on the vegetable name)
Butter squash -
- Excellent source of vitamin A, a very good source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber and manganese.
- Good source of folate, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B1, copper, vitamin B6, niacin-vitamin B3 and pantothenic acid