3cup Sona masoori rice
1/2cup Urad Dal
1tsp Fenugreek seeds
Salt to taste
2 medium size cooked Potatoes, chopped into small pieces
3/4 cup Onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh/frozenn Green Peas
2 Green chillies, chopped
2tbsp grated Ginger
2tsp Canola oil (or any cooking oil)
1tsp Mustard seed
1/4tsp Urad dal
3 to 4 Curry leaves
2tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
Salt to taste
1. Batter :
- Wash and soak rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for around 4-5hrs. Then grind it along with poha and salt into a very smooth batter. Use water while grinding(around 1cup). Batter shouldn't be either too thick nor too thin. Keep it in warm place for fermentation for about 10-12 hrs.
- Heat a pan with oil, mustard, urad dal. When mustard starts to splatter add curry leaves, onion, ginger, green peas, green chillies and fry for around 5-6mins.
- Then add potatoes and mix. Fry for a min or two. Then add cilantro and remove from the heat
3. Masala Dosa :
- Heat the Tava and pour a spoonful of batter at the center. Immediately spread it with the back of a spoon. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for a minute in medium heat. Then remove the lid and add little oil/ghee on top of dosa. Then add a spoon full of red chutney, spread it over the dosa as shown below. Then and bhaji as shown below. Fold the dosa from either side
- Serve it hot with chutney or sambar. Enjoy!